1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

MIJ Fender Mustang Loaded Body and Tuners

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by A-Step-Towards, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

The bass was routed to fit full size P pickups, a common mod on mustangs. The pickups are EMG's and a active EMG pre-amp. Thats all I know I dont know the specifics of the Pre-AMP or Model of the pickups but I can get this if you would like.

The body is pretty clean. No huge dents just some minor ones, the chrome needs a clean up but is not pitted. Its actually a really nice body. It also has dunlops pins on it but i dont have the buttons. It has a box shaped route for 9 volt batteries and also the pickup routes widened but it was done well, of course it cant be seen with a guard on.

The tuners are really patina looking,I cleaned them and they look way better but I didnt exactly try to make them look perfect, I am sure they can clean up better.

All associated screws are included, I didnt photograph them but 4 neckplate screws are included as well as the string tree screw and the 16 screws to hold the tuners on.

My plans were to get a bronco neck, refinish it and enlarge the tuner holes to fit these tuners. Bronco necks are nice but the rest of the bass is lacking. I also was considering a squier mustang neck or a jaguar neck which would make this a mustang with a slim neck which is near impossible to find add in the full size EMG's and you have a very mean but little bass.

I can really part it out in these ways.

1.) The loaded body $275.

2.) The loaded body minus the pre-amp/pickups-$220.

3.)[DEL] The tuners, bushings, screws and string tree $35[/DEL] SOLD

4.) Neckplate and string tree are available, the plate with the screws $10 shipped, the string tree which is smaller then the average fender tree, $6.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. BryanM

BryanM Supporting Member

Is the bridge on this positioned for a standard 34" scale or for a short scale?
  3. korngold

korngold Supporting Member

Do you still have the neck and was it a 19 fret or 20 fret neck? Also, did the EMG pickup require routing to install, or is the body still in original condition under the pickguard?

Thanks!
  4. 4to5to6

4to5to6 Bassist Supporting Member

I'll go for it!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.