MIJ Fender select?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by entisgood, Feb 6, 2014.

1. entisgood

entisgood

I came across this beautiful mij p-bass in my local CL which appears to be a 20 year old mij fugi-gen version of a modern fender select. as you can see in the pic, beautiful tiger flame top and apparently neck. these are the only two pics I currently have on it. hoping to pick it up this weekend...

anyway, imo, it seems to be way too nice to be a standard run of the mill mij p-bass, and i'm hoping someone can help educate me on some special edition mij basses from fugi-gen. not sure the pick up cover is original.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if anyone could share some info on this bass, or just on "nicer" "more desirable" models or serial number mij fenders to be on the look out for, i would really appreciate it.
  2. BassTapp

BassTapp

Serial number matches 1994-5. Never seen anything like that before, nice find!
  3. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful bass congrats and anything out of that factory isn't going to be run of the mill they put out some incredible instruments.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member