1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MIJ No Name Bass with unusual headstock...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bcalcorn, Jan 30, 2013.

1. bcalcorn

bcalcorn

Just picked up this no name short scale bass...has a wooden bridge and gold foil pickup. The headstock is a little unnusual and wondered if this specific design was sold under any specific names? Only identifying thing is the Made in Japan stamp on neck plate.

Attached Files:

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

This headstock shape was used a lot by Dyko. It is probably the brand of this one.
  3. bcalcorn

bcalcorn

Cool, thanks for the info...I'm debating on keeping it or selling it, I like the look and it actually plays pretty well. The wood bridge gives it a real earthy / woody tone. Sort of stand up ish. Any idea if it's worth anything?
  4. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

I think it's a beauty! Don't sell it.

Someone else can answer the "what's it worth" question.