1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Mik Sweeney

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by VeronicaM, Sep 9, 2006.

1. VeronicaM

VeronicaM

I understand that Mik (or Mike) Sweeney has turned luthier since playing with Classix Nouveaux in the 80s.

Does anyone know if he has a website or somewhere else I can see his work?

I know he moved from LA to Ireland in 2004 but I do not know if he took the luthier business with him.

Thanks

Veronica
    Luthier and fretless bass player, Vancouver Island where it is raining.
  2. ERIC31

ERIC31

Hi Veronica,
    I'm a big Mik Sweeney fan myself and also wondered what he's up to these days. Here's a photo of him playing live in 1980. Do you know what kind of bass he's playing in this picture?

I would hope he would check in over here at TalkBass and let us know what is up.
    IS IT A DREAM? video...

[​IMG]
  3. ERIC31

ERIC31

Zombie thread alert! I'd still like to know if anyone knows what Mik Sweeney is up to these days.......

[​IMG]
  4. mik sweeney

mik sweeney

Hi gang, still kicking! That's my old homemade fretless in the pic which is still in one piece.
  5. flashheart

flashheart

Wow, I was just listening to La Verite this week and telling
    my co-workers about Mr. Sweeney being one of my influences on fretless, and bam! here he is! Awesome!
    Do you have a website, and do you still record? Loved the aggressive style and tone of your playing, always wondered
    what basses you played, know I know. Very cool.
    Rock on!
    Phil
  6. ERIC31

ERIC31

Hey Mik! Thanks for stopping in and let us know what you are up to musically these days. Are you still building fretless basses? =)
  7. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I'm a big fan as well hello sir !
  8. mik sweeney

mik sweeney

Wow, nice to hear from y all! I am playing 4 nights a week w some great Irish players, still tinkering of course, tis in the blood! Playing mostly Fender these days, current fave is a black Aerodyne Jazz, love it.
  9. JohnJohnston

JohnJohnston

had the pleasure of interviewing Mik and Sal Solo for Studio B15 on Radio1 back in 81. Good times
  10. ERIC31

ERIC31

Got any new recordings Mik? I'd love to hear some new stuff. :)