1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Mike Pope Flexcore Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rusty the Scoob, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Rusty the Scoob

Rusty the Scoob

I just installed my Flexcore with EMGs (pretty much the Wooten setup: http://www.bestbassgear.com/installing-victor-wooten-retrofit.htm) and it works fine in passive mode, but in Active/EQ mode it spits out a heavy distortion, and the sound cuts off after about a second. Doesn't seem to matter where I set the EQ knobs or even the gain trim pot.
  2. Rusty the Scoob

Rusty the Scoob

If it helps, I have this configuration: 2stk.2stk V/Tone stack, Bl, B/T stack, Lo Mid/Hi Mid stack, A/Psw
  3. Rusty the Scoob

Rusty the Scoob

Update: Michael Pope is taking care of me. Awesome service!!!!
  4. JoelFT

JoelFT Supporting Member

Let us know the solution. I'm about to buy one myself and need all the info I can get.
  5. trbostic

trbostic Supporting Member

It's probably the jumper needing to be installed which is used only if you have active pickups.