Mike Pope Flexcore

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by melodiaopus, Jun 7, 2012.

1. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

I have a Warwick Thumb BO 4 string that I want to upgrade to the Mike Pope. Any of you use the Mike Pope Design for your basses? It doesn't have to be a Warwick, I just wanted to get a sense of what you all think of the design.

-Adam

2. leigh22

leigh22

I have heard the bigger the electronics cavity the better. I am thinking of doing the same to an older Ibanez btb I just threw a set of Nordstrand big singles in to. The control cavity on that bass is a 5 knob set up with the batteries in a separate cavity, so it should have enough space to fit in the preamp and components.

Your Thumb BO, probably has the three control set up, with the battery inside the cavity. That means you you may be in for some routing work, given that you'll be adding probably 5 control knobs, a different board, and still need room for a battery (possibly two).

I am interested to see what others say though. Judging by mike's attention to detail, and the support he has gained from builders and players alike... They seem to be a pretty stellar preamp. I look forward to dropping one in someday soon!

3. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

I was thinking that I would use all knobs stacked with a Bass/Treble stacked in the back (as it is now), Stacked Mid-hi/Mid-Low. I never use my push/pull volume Passive/Active mode. If anything I could put the passive/active switch inside of my battery cavity. We'll see, I emailed Mike Pope but I haven't received a response back.

We'll see.

4. Tewest86

Tewest86

I'm about to put a Mike Pope in my Corvette. I loved the MP in my Fender.

5. Register to disable this ad