1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Mike Pope Preamp in Fodera Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Kmrumedy, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Is the Mike Pope preamp currently being used by Fodera the same as stock MP preamps available to everyone? Or is it voiced differently to Fodera specs?

If no, which Mike Pope preamp is currently used in Foderas?

Thanks

2. Just Thumpin'

Just Thumpin' Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Manager and Partner, Fodera Guitars (as of 10/14/09)
    We use two preamps -- our Standard Preamp and our Custom Shop Preamp.

The Custom Shop Fodera Preamp is only available on Fodera Custom instruments and in the Matt Garrison Standard model.

The Fodera Standard Preamp is a version of the Mike Pope Flexcore Preamp that has been designed to as closely as possible replicate the sound and function of our Custom Preamp. They sound ever so slightly differently and there is more flexibility in terms of tonal shaping in the Custom preamp.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Jason

3. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Thank you Jason. Really appreciate the info. I recently bought a used Singlecut from a custom builder and the previous owner gutted it. It is set up for dual coils so I am researching tried and true pickup/ preamp combos.

I didn't realize the SD's were custom also. So not sure what my options are now. Not trying to imitate a Fodera simply looking for pickup/ preamp combos that work well together.