1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MIM Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mmx6, Dec 23, 2012.

1. mmx6

mmx6

I just bought a MIM Fender 60s Jazz Bass in 3 tone sunburst with tortoise pick guard from GuitarCenter online brand new.

This is the bass I bought from GC online

http://m.guitarcenter.com/Item/Default.aspx?itemno=1473335&urx=1

Can anyone tell me of this is a MIM standard or classic?

Also does it come with a Fender Deluxe Gigbag?

Also do GC ship their basses from the warehouse double boxed?

Let me know, thanks.
  2. ZombieSpacebat

ZombieSpacebat

It should state what comes with it on the page you ordered from, but I would imagine it will come in a standard gig bag unless stated otherwise (you might not even get a bag, it may just get bubble wrapped and boxed, I think it's down to the store rather than the instrument).
  3. mmx6

mmx6

On Fender site it says include deluxe gig bag

On GC web page it doesn't mention anything about a gig bag

Anyone bought a MIM Fender help me out here
  4. ZombieSpacebat

ZombieSpacebat

If it doesn't say anything then I would assume you will either get a standard gig bag, that's what i got with my MIM Jazz a few years ago.
  5. Ed_in_NE_Ohio

Ed_in_NE_Ohio

Congratulations! Cool bass.
    It should come factory sealed with the Deluxe gig bag included.
    If it doesn't, I'd make a stink about it, as the instrument should come exactly as described on the Fender website.
    Let us know about the gig bag, and give us your thoughts on the instrument.
  6. mmx6

mmx6

Will do

I really hope it comes with the Fender deluxe gig bag when I receive
  7. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

I bought a standard MIM from GC a couple months ago and it didnt come with anything....and I still havent bought a case for it.
  8. mmx6

mmx6

Did you buy it brand new sealed in box or the display basses on the wall?
  9. Tmw2011

Tmw2011

Just FYI, the MIM Standards don't come with a case anyway.

OP, since you've ordered your Classic online, it should be coming from a warehouse and not pulled off a random GC wall, it should be double boxed and have the gigbag as listed on the Fender website. The caveat here is unless the older '60s Classics came with a standard gb instead of the deluxe bag, and they end up sending you an older one - but I don't think they changed the bags that came with it, so you should be good.

That's the only problem I have with ordering online. If a model spec changes from one year to the next (for example the change made to the 2012 Fender Am Standard as far as the neck and pickups) you might end up with an older model if they don't specify the year on it (like Sweetwater's been doing recently from what I've seen). I ended up with a 2010 Am Standard when I ordered it from American Musical Supply in the 2nd half of 2011 - not that there was any difference in the model, but they'd had it sitting around for at least 6 months.. :p

Edit - I see also that MF's doing the same as Sweetwater with notation on the 2012 Am Standards and assume others are as well.
  10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Ask the people you bought it from. Their phones and email work fine.
  11. mmx6

mmx6

12. Tmw2011

Tmw2011

The Fender '60s Jazz bass is part of the Fender Classic Series along with the Fender 70's Jazz bass and the '50s and '70s Precision basses.

According to Fender's spec page for the '60s, at the bottom
  13. mmx6

mmx6

I see so MIM bass do have deluxe gig bags.

On GC and MF website it does not mention anything about including a Fender Deluxe gig bag, also I was searching around on TalkBass and some discussions are saying MIM and Squiers do not come with any gig bags unless you got lucky or something lol

I was really confused, especially considering I am just a n00b who decided that I want I learn the bass a week ago lol.

Thanks for clarification.
  14. Tmw2011

Tmw2011

It's easy to get confused.. There's different series that are availble for the MIM offerings - Standard, Classic, Roadworn, Blacktop, Signature & Deluxe. The ones at the lower price point (Standard and Blacktop) don't come with a gigbag, but the Classics, Deluxe, Sig, and Roadworn (which some argue are just Classics that had a beltgrinder taken to them, which is not the case) all come with gig bags.

Add to this fact that a lot of people have found that Guitar Center is rather notorious for not giving people the included gig bags when you purchase one of those series off the wall there, and it gets all sorts of wacky. :p

Grats on a very nice choice for your bass though... After looking at the Classic '60s, I'm GASing for a white one now... Gee... Thanks.. :p
  15. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

Mine was off the wall.....even came with a scratch I didnt see till I got home. I went back to return it since they had the exact same one....I played the exact same one and the neck was terrible! not even just the set up but the neck felt chunky and not right....so I would rather have a scratch then a bad neck.