1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MIM Fender question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rusty2867, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Rusty2867

Rusty2867 Supporting Member

Getting ready to leave for wk but just wanted to say I have found some great info on the site.Was wondering what your take was on this bass http://www.fender.com/basses/precis...-metallic-1-ply-beveled-gold-vinyl-pickguard/

I found one in a pawn shop,the body is in great shape ,neck looks strait,but has a few nicks on the back,could probably be sanded out an refinished easily,let me know what your opinion is on this bass,asking price is $300 but he said open to offers!
  2. ih8law

ih8law Supporting Member

I have one of these and I really like it. $300 for a legitimate used Fender P/J is a fair deal, provided that everything works properly and it isn't too abused or beat up.
  3. khutch

khutch Praise Harp Supporting Member

I have that bass, sorta. Mine is a Reggie Hamilton Jazz so it has the Jazz body and a few extra do-dads but other than the body it is very similar. It is a great active PJ and I think that price is pretty good. You see the passive model going for that price. I love my Reggie, I think you will love this one.
  4. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

Only issue to me would be the 7/8 size p body. I prefer the traditional size p and j bodies . After switching to bass as primary instrument, my guitars all feel too small to me !
  5. Rusty2867

Rusty2867 Supporting Member

I am going to try to go back tomorrow to look at it again and plug it in.The only thing I don't care for is the gold pick guard,will an American pick guard fit it?
  6. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

That's a fullsize body.

$300 is a very good deal if it only has a few dings on it. A standard P pickguard will fit, but doesn't have the correct knob spacing to drill another hole and have them spaced evenly.
  7. pfox14

pfox14

Has a lot of nice features. Active P/J pups. Jazz neck on a P-bass body. Hate the pickguard.
  8. electracoyote

electracoyote

I love mine. Not a fan of passive P/J basses, but the active version rocks. Very aggressive if you want it. The onboard EQ is awesome. Slim Jazz neck.

I had a pickguard special cut for mine, ditched the plastic faux anodized gold guard that used to come on these.

$300.00? Good price if she's in good shape.

[​IMG]
  9. electracoyote

electracoyote

Just wanted to add: Be careful with the mid knob at the very bottom. It often clashes with stands and can be damaged.
  10. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast Supporting Member

I have the PJ kinda like that but no active,, U get it for 3Buck$ Grab It,, they list for 1G,.. that a good price,, Do Not Paint It just Play It,,, do not worry about marks ect if the Neck looks good , it plays on EVERY FRET << Grab it....
  11. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast Supporting Member

Pic.

Attached Files:

12. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Offer the guy $200 since it is beat up, when he says "that's too low" meet him in the middle at $250. Even at $300 it is a good price, but if a guy is willing to deal, you deal!
  13. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

Damn straight!

[​IMG]