MIM Fender question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rusty2867, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Rusty2867

Rusty2867 Supporting Member

Getting ready to leave for wk but just wanted to say I have found some great info on the site.Was wondering what your take was on this bass http://www.fender.com/basses/precis...-metallic-1-ply-beveled-gold-vinyl-pickguard/

I found one in a pawn shop,the body is in great shape ,neck looks strait,but has a few nicks on the back,could probably be sanded out an refinished easily,let me know what your opinion is on this bass,asking price is $300 but he said open to offers!
  2. ih8law

ih8law Supporting Member

I have one of these and I really like it. $300 for a legitimate used Fender P/J is a fair deal, provided that everything works properly and it isn't too abused or beat up.
  3. khutch

khutch Praise Harp Supporting Member

I have that bass, sorta. Mine is a Reggie Hamilton Jazz so it has the Jazz body and a few extra do-dads but other than the body it is very similar. It is a great active PJ and I think that price is pretty good. You see the passive model going for that price. I love my Reggie, I think you will love this one.
  4. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

Only issue to me would be the 7/8 size p body. I prefer the traditional size p and j bodies . After switching to bass as primary instrument, my guitars all feel too small to me !
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rusty2867

Rusty2867 Supporting Member

I am going to try to go back tomorrow to look at it again and plug it in.The only thing I don't care for is the gold pick guard,will an American pick guard fit it?
  7. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

That's a fullsize body.

$300 is a very good deal if it only has a few dings on it. A standard P pickguard will fit, but doesn't have the correct knob spacing to drill another hole and have them spaced evenly.
  8. pfox14

pfox14

Has a lot of nice features. Active P/J pups. Jazz neck on a P-bass body. Hate the pickguard.
  9. electracoyote

electracoyote

I love mine. Not a fan of passive P/J basses, but the active version rocks. Very aggressive if you want it. The onboard EQ is awesome. Slim Jazz neck.

I had a pickguard special cut for mine, ditched the plastic faux anodized gold guard that used to come on these.

$300.00? Good price if she's in good shape.

[​IMG]
  10. electracoyote

electracoyote

Just wanted to add: Be careful with the mid knob at the very bottom. It often clashes with stands and can be damaged.
  11. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast Supporting Member

I have the PJ kinda like that but no active,, U get it for 3Buck$ Grab It,, they list for 1G,.. that a good price,, Do Not Paint It just Play It,,, do not worry about marks ect if the Neck looks good , it plays on EVERY FRET << Grab it....
  12. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast Supporting Member

Pic.

Attached Files:

13. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Offer the guy $200 since it is beat up, when he says "that's too low" meet him in the middle at $250. Even at $300 it is a good price, but if a guy is willing to deal, you deal!
  14. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

Damn straight!

[​IMG]