1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MIM J Bass Plays Great and Looks 10/10

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fhm555, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Hey folks. One of the guys I race toy cars with called the other day and said he had a bass he wanted to get rid of. He said it belonged to his brother who wanted to learn to play but quickly lost interest. I went and took a look and it is in perfect condition. I could spend a bunch of time describing just how flawless it is, but all I'm going to say is I strive to be as honest in my descriptions as possible and I went over this bass with a fine tooth comb and could not find a thing wrong, no nicks, no scratches, no nothing, even the frets look brand new. Serial number puts DOM at 05~06.
    It's got a parchment pick guard on it so I don't know if the guy's brother got it second hand with the replacement guard, or had it put on a new bass. My buddy didn't know either but there was no extra guard in the gig bag so it was bought as is or the original white guard was lost.
    The only thing I could see that needed attention was it still had the original strings on it and they were totally dead.
    He wanted me to sell it for him but since it needed strings and a setup and I didn't want to become the middle man we wound up trading some of my race car stuff for his bass.
    I put new strings on it and set it up to my liking and it plays very sweet and sounds as good as any stock MIM I've ever played.
    I wish my phone camera could do it the justice it deserves because the pics don't even come close to showing how absolutely flawless this little MIM J bass is.
    I traded toy car stuff for this piece and with the new strings I'm pushing right up at $375 on this bass so that's what I'd like to get for it. It will ship with it's original gig bag and since you are paying for shipping, it will be done as you prefer.

ASKING $375 PLUS SHIPPING

If you have any questions or want additional pics, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for looking.

EDIT: I've had some trade offers so I'll include the following. I'm interested in trades, but only for fender jazz basses (up or down), or amp heads (also up or down).
  2. fhm555

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Additional pics...
  3. fhm555

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

And more pics...

Thanks again for looking.
  4. conebone

conebone You never know what youre gonna find in the jungle Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

BUMP

This thing looks beautiful, and has a cool story behind it. You'll have no problem selling this thing. Good luck!
  5. fhm555

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I couldn't agree more on the looks. This thing is as perfect a bass as I've ever seen.
    Thanks for the comments.
  6. Arch58

Arch58 Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

7. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

mind if I ask what location you live in? Just to get an idea of shipping or possibility of meeting up to exchange...
  8. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

What color is that? Midnight Wine?

What is the weight please?

How thick is the neck from the top of the first fret to the back of the neck (not the nut width but the depth at the first fret)

Thanks,

:cool:
  9. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

^^^ THANKS for the Info ^^^

:cool:
  10. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

So you have two of the same basses? One beat up and one not?
  11. Matt R

Matt R Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

This is such a nice looking bass for a great deal! I can't believe it's still for sale?
  12. wisconsindead

wisconsindead

0   0   0

are these short scale basses?
  13. bassman_al

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

This is not a short scale bass. And free bump
    :)
  14. fhm555

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

And this bass is SOLD!! :hyper:

Thanks TBer Southbound, and enjoy :bassist:
  15. bassman_al

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

Congratulations!!!! I'm sure the owner will enjoy rockin' that bass!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.