MIM jazz bass, shielding & series/parallel mod

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by redielg, Feb 25, 2013.

1. redielg

redielg

I will be buying some copper shielding tape, nordstrand nj4 pickups and a DPDT push pull pot for a series/parallel modification. Can anyone post pictures of the following modifications on their own basses? I'm much more of a visual learner. I've seen many wiring diagrams for the modification. I've seen some with the DPDT pot as the master tone pot and others where it is placed as the first volume pot. :confused:

I just recently replaced the stock pots on my jazz with cts pots. I feel comfortable soldering on my own. I've seen enough videos of applying shielding tape, I think that will be easy enough. I've also read the sticky thread on it a couple years back and I'll be reading through it again just to make sure I know what to do. and there's already a ground lug in the control cavities.

I really just worried about where and how the solder the DPDT pot for the series/parallel wiring. I'd like to see real life examples and compare that to wiring diagrams to get a good feel for what i need to do.:help:

any help is appreciated :)
  2. blindrabbit

blindrabbit

I wouldn't mind seeing this myself. :)
  3. llldino

llldino

Yes, here ya go.

SP switch is on the left under the neck pot. Just ignore the bridge tone control and bridge jack, haven't figured that out yet.

Also:

My bridge push/pull switches phase
    My tone push/pull changes capacitance