MIM Jazz pickgurd same as US?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 6stringvince, Mar 6, 2014.

1. 6stringvince

6stringvince Supporting Member

I'm looking to buy a present for my MIM Jazz, but looking on fleabay they generally describe the pickgurds as "10 hole" but not MIM or USA. I'm presuming they're both the same?
    Thanks in advance
  2. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man. Supporting Member

I got a thirteen hole from China made to fit fender and it fit my Squier Cv 60's P perfectly. Since it was made for Fender and only said Fender 13 hole, I think you'll have no trouble. Genuine fender fits Mia and mim. Knockoffs are made to match fender.

My cheap $9 Chinese 5 ply guard is absolutely perfect and beautiful. I'm sure you'll be fine with your ten hole knockoff. IMO IME ymmv etc.
  3. 6stringvince

The WD catalogue has MIM and MIA listed as different part numbers
  4. dls119

dls119

I can tell you a Fender MIA PG fit on my MIM Pbass and a Fender MIA PG fit on my Squier VM Jazz with no issues.

You may or may not have to modify the pg where it meets the control plate, but really I think you should be fine.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 6stringvince

Great!
    Thanks
  7. JLS

JLS Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    As far as, "pickguard fit", goes--presume nothing.
  8. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man. Supporting Member

JLS is right too. It's like horse shoes and hand grenades: close works.

Just lucky with mine but was surprised to find that a guard made overseas to fit a Fender fit a Squier perfectly. I totally didn't expect it. ;)
  9. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

I have a guard from Warmoth I got a while back and the hole number is the same as my MIM and Highway1 but the location of one of the holes was different and I had to grind a little out of the control cavity up front so I could ease the control plate an RCH forward for a better fit to the guard.

Good thing is, the hole you need to move is hidden by the guard so there's no need to fill and no random hole showing in the top of the body no matter which guard you use.