1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

MIM P BASSES

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by og61pbass, Mar 20, 2014.

1. og61pbass

og61pbass

Does anyone know if the 2005-2006 MIMs are any good or if their was any QC issues,any information would be appreciated...Thanks..:)

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

... any specific MIM models you are asking about? .. you have the Standard Series, the Deluxe Series (P Bass Special) and then the Classic Series 50's P was introduced in '06 as well ...

3. og61pbass

og61pbass

I have no idea which one it is,its black w red tort guard and rosewood board, p pup...its on craigslist??

4. og61pbass

og61pbass

NBD: OK this is why I was inquiring about the MIMs,I just scored this for 200.00, I think I did good it even has upgraded pups,I have yet to remove the guard and see the rest of the guts!!!:D

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. og61pbass

og61pbass

1/4 pounder I think??

Attached Files:

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

You made on heck of a score my MIM P bass is from 2002-2003 and it is the best P I've ever had I love it and you shouldn't have to do anything else to it no matter what others say if the tuners turn and the pots function as they should there is no reason to change them congrats and enjoy.

8. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

I picked up my mim P about 5 years ago for $200. The only thing i changed on it was a set of flats and a setup. I haven't even looked at another bass since. Enjoy , your looks better than mine.

9. og61pbass

og61pbass

Thanks guys,i just finished setting it up,sounds and feels good,there was even a penny under the barrel of the A string (wierd) it wad sitting way higher then the others, I got a pretty low action now,intonation is dead on but the bridge barrels are not where their suppose to be,I dont know why??

Attached Files:

10. monkeybass68

monkeybass68 Supporting Member

Great score on ur part! I've got an '05 that I absolutely love (it's my go-to bass).