1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MIND BLOWING MUSICIAN'S WEBSITE !!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by nuno1959, Jan 11, 2014.

1. nuno1959

nuno1959 Supporting Member

hi guys !

just wanted to post about this AMAZING website i stumbled upon called Wikiloops - it's right here :

http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack.php

it's made by musicians, for musicians & upon registration, it allows you to browse thousands of tracks people upload there - drum tracks, bass, guitar, keys, you name it, in all sort of tempos, genres, etc… - all of them selectable for searching

when you find something you really like, let's say a live drum track ( DAMN, there's some EXCELLENT DRUMMERS THERE MAN !!.. ) you can download it, add your instrument to it & upload it to the same page were you downloaded it from then more musicians might do the same to your newly recorded mix

a great feature is that you can check out the different ''versions'' of each track/mix & it's SO MUCH FUN to see what unexpected directions things sometimes take as a result of another musician's perspective

do go there, you can roam around WITHOUT registration, it's REALLY great fun - a brilliant idea !!

cheers

Nuno
  2. ZenG

ZenG

I'm on my way.......thanks!!
  3. nuno1959

you're most welcome !!

& spread the word, you'll see it's REALLY great fun :

it's like having access to jamming with musicians from all over the world & all walks of ….''music'' ?

AMAZING !! ;-)
  4. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

This sounds pretty awesome.
    I'll be sure to check it out once I get home.
  5. nuno1959

i discovered this by accident a few days ago & am SERIOUSLY considering joining ''Wikiloops Anonymous'' for counsel because i can't seem to get away from my computer anymore !! TOTALLY addicted….

result ? THOUSANDS of GREAT tracks i want to jam to & re-upload after mixing in my bass parts have been bookmarked, dishes piling up in the sink, clothes on the sofá, i don't wash, don't make my bed anymore - NOTHING !!

my life has turned to a total shambles !….LOL…but i LOVE IT !!! ;-)

besides there's this atmosphere between users i have NEVER seen on the internet before : none of the usual ''online bitchiness'' one can so easily find elsewhere, but rather a really relaxed, welcoming & tolerant atmosphere - SO cool….

no matter what i say, i CAN'T praise the site enough nor do it justice - try it, i KNOW you'll like it & it's all free - they use a voluntary donation support system

yup, just when i thought the world couldn't get any worse….BOOOM !!…. it got a whole lot better ! ;-)
  6. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Great site. Any tips on the best way to create good-sounding tracks to upload?
  7. nuno1959

i've been using GarageBand to record my tracks & although i'm by no means an expert user i would say watch your levels when you record ( don't allow more than a ''momentary'' excursion into the red when recording.. ) add just a little bit of compression & be sure to add a click to the beginning of your bass/guitar/keys tracks so later if drummers or others want to add their own, it's easier to ''sync'' - if that's the right expression...
  8. ih388

ih388

have just signed up to the wikiloops website, it looks awesome, great shout buddy
  9. nuno1959

my pleasure !! enjoy ;-)
  10. Jothabass

Jothabass

Wow, that sounds great!!! I'm in!!!
  11. nuno1959

& spread the word !! the more, the merrier !!
  12. RED J

RED J Half Hip, Half Hick Supporting Member

Tried to register, nothing, Emailed admin, nothing no capisce ?? Some time back.
  13. Richland123

Richland123

I'm checking it out now. Very cool! Thanks for posting.
  14. nuno1959

i think the guys just had a bit of trouble with their server, but have been back for a little while now …
    do it, you know you want to….. ;-) & i KNOW you'll enjoy it !