Mini Qtron

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MilkyMcMilkMilk, Dec 2, 2013.

1. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

Anyone with much experience with the Mini Q-tron?
    I have an original Q-tron, and love it.
    I also have a 3leaf Proton that I love.

I'm a bit of a filter whore and my love for my q-tron is getting me thinking a mini would be cool.

Would a Mini Q-tron give me anything I can't get from my Proton or could it replace the proton or the Qtron?

2. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

I had a mini q-tron and I didn't like it. There's really big volume spikes and a small range of sensitivity that worked for me anyway. Plus it didn't sound good. It sounded really plastic and crappy. Maybe someone else has had better results but for me and the gear that I have I didn't care for it. I've owned a few other filters and the mini q-tron was by far my least favorite.

3. FilterFunk

FilterFunk

From my experience, it sounds like you're describing the Micro and not the Mini. There are volume spikes with the Mini, but not big ones IME. And I found the Mini to be quite organic-sounding; the Micro sounded "plastic and crappy" and harsh and abrasive. IMO and all that...

4. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Ooops you're right FilterFunk. I was thinking of the Micro. Easy mistake to make, sorry kids.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Swift713

Swift713

I've read a number of times that the Mini was much better than the Micro. I wonder why they discontinued it and if anyone has a schematic and/or makes a clone of it.

7. Sethakamoe

Sethakamoe

The mini fryed my amp it got my head to hot and it sounded bad

8. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

I've a mini on the way. I'm pretty excited to try it. Got a nice deal on it.
    Yeah for some reason the newer ehx qtron stuff just isn't quite up to snuff from all i've been told.