mini stereo mixer on board?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by waflman, Nov 24, 2012.

1. waflman

waflman

hey talkbass world, i just joined up and i have an interesting question.

i want to create a mixed sound on my pedal board, by using this device: a Rolls MX41B passive stereo mixer

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

my plan is to connect my first pedal's dry output into one line, so there's always a dry sound coming through. Other channels will come from the chorus pedals at the end of the chain, with second outputs, for full stereo sound. Does anyone have experience with this? Should i use this thing, or some sort of patch bay or effects loop instead? I like the rolls because it is small and passive, but i've never had the chance to use it...
    thanks everyone!
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

It will mix, or "combine" all the seperate inputs, but to be stereo, you'd need to have the outputs of the mixer sent to 2 seperate rigs/spkrs.
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Trust me, passive mixers are always a bad choice.
    I suggest a more serious product, such as a Wounded Paw Mini Mixer.
    It only hurts once to buy good stuff.
    [​IMG]
  4. waflman

waflman

I'm never opposed to paying more for quality, i'm gonna save up for this one soon. I've never seen this wounded paw one, I had something similar for a little bit though, an old EHX black mini mixer in a pine box made in Russia. It kind of worked, but not well, probably due to age.
    i dont currently have 2 amps/speakers, hopefully one day... I knew that was what stereo typically meant, but noticed the rolls mixer was stereo so didnt know if it would make a difference. thank you guys for your help!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Media:
    Nady MM242 is the smallest and least expensive active stereo mixer I am aware of. 8 inputs to two outputs. I had the MM141 (the mono version) for a while and it worked just fine for the purposes of mixing effect signals.

EDIT::: that Rolls is stereo, but it requires a TRS cable input to pass through stereo signals. It won't pan or anything as far as I am aware.
  7. waflman

waflman

I've seen this Nady online before, considered it but was hesitant because of some customer reviews i had seen about it. And it doesn't necessarily have to be stereo either, it's all ultimately going to be one line through my effects loop. i could probably do just fine with the mono version for my application. Thanks for the input!