missing BC Rich Wave Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lunaticharness, Jul 24, 2009.

1. lunaticharness

lunaticharness

my brother purchased a BC Rich Wave bass from Houghton Michigan in the late 90's

he has since passed away and it was left at my grandmothers house (due to the fact that i couldnt fit it in my car at the time), my mother's husband then took it and my mother (who has since passed away as well) either pawned it, sold it to a local flea market vendor or kept it and her widower husband has lied to me. i imagine the last is far from the truth, but who knows.

the specifics:

the location is Muskegon Michigan
    the bass is a dark purple/almost blue BC Rich Wave Bass that has a reverse head. the story my brother always said it was modeled to be like / was an alternate for Tom Araya. I do not know this to be true or false, but that was always his story.

he had a black BC Rich Warlock, a white BC Rich Warlock and a blue Ibanez TR bass. all of which i currently own.

my intentions are to either attempt to purchase it back or pass on the story / lineage to the new (hopefully well deserving) owner.

any information about this specific bass would be very much appreciated

thanks,

Steven

2. kingpin2512

kingpin2512

I can't be of help but I wish you luck. I hope somebody here might be able to help you.

3. mellobud

mellobud

wow, small world. I live in houghton. good luck man.

4. lunaticharness

lunaticharness

did you happen to own a wave back in the 90's? lol

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pasta4lnch

pasta4lnch

sounds like you have a hunt ahead - good luck!

seeing the thread title made me think of a bc rich I had years back when I was in college in MA. it was stolen out of my dads car in front of a church on easter sunday . . .:rollno:

7. GobBass

GobBass

This sounds like a story that screams a happy ending.The world maybe a scary place,but then again,people find diamonds in the rough.

8. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Broke down in Muskegon today on the way home to good ole Pennsylvania. Small world indeed.

9. isisiscool

isisiscool

I hope you find it bro, good luck.

10. lunaticharness

lunaticharness

i really appreciate all of the views and posts, i am not looking for a miracle, i hope that a fan (like one of you) bought it and are actually using it!

i plan to be in muskegon for several weeks in august and will be visiting all of the instrument stores and try to track it further.

on the 8th of august tho, i will be in lansing checking out Slough Feg, hope to see some of you there

and thanks again!

11. lunaticharness

lunaticharness

i bought a car in Sharon, PA if that is close to you then there is some serious linkage happening

12. Buster Brown

Buster Brown

Brother I feel for you....Years ago I loaned my Ovation Magnum to a guy (I thought a Friend!) doing a session in Nashville. Never saw him OR the bass again. This was in 1984....in 2001 I happened to be parusing Ebay and BINGO!!! There it was!! (Serial number). I contacted the seller and found out that he had bought it at an estate sale. I bought it and surprisingly, it was in great condition....

So, strange things happen from time to time....

I wish you the best of luck getting it back.....

13. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Well yea, that is near me, within an hour's drive at most.

14. deernaes

deernaes

15. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx Previously Thedeadking Supporting Member

Good luck on getting back and wish you the best it can be hard at times.I had my stolen musicman Sabre pop up on talkbass classifieds,I message the guy with pics of me with the bass,police report but offered to buy it back at his full asking price he refused to sell it to me stating somebody else made an offer first and waiting to hear back.

EDIT: Just realised this thread was 3 years old.