Mitey Mite Pbass Body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 77PBass, Jan 10, 2014.

1. 77PBass

77PBass Supporting Member

Anyone have experience building a bass with a Mitey Mite Pbass body?

I have a Squier CV Pbass neck I love and some pbass parts and I am wondering if the neck will fit in the neck pocket. I am experiencing problems with the MM web site. Does anyone know the dimensions of the neck pocket?

2. George Mann

George Mann

Thou some shimming may be required, they will most likely fit together without issue.

3. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

Yes my experience is that Mighty Mite is good stuff & compatible w Fender/Squier necks.

4. s4001

s4001

Some Squier necks are wider than the Fender standard.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I mounted a neck from a Squier Deluxe Active IV onto a Mighty Mite P-body. It was an excellent fit. However, when I tried to put on a neck from an older Standard P-Bass Special, it's heel was too wide for the pocket. I would've had to sand it out a bit for it to fit properly.

Most recently, I grabbed a Mighty Mite Jazz body. The neck I got for it is from a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special (34" scale with black headstock and pearloid blocks) and I may need to shim it a bit. It's a little loose, but not swimming around in the neck pocket.

7. 77PBass

When you say shim, do you mean to affect neck angle, that is to under the neck, or shim the sides of neck pocket?

Also, does MM publish specs on their bodies?

8. Malak the Mad

9. 77PBass

Yeah, I've seen pre-cbs Fender Basses with questionable gaps in the neck pocket. "Fit and Finish" was analog back then.

My concern is I don't want to have to alter the neck pocket in any way. I don't have the tools, time or patience.

10. Malak the Mad

I here ya there, guy! That's how I felt too, despite having an excellent Dremel tool to do any precision sanding.

Who knows? I might take advantage of that extra little space in the neck pocket. I'm thinking of cutting a piece off one of my personal business cards and mounting it inside. This would serve two functions;
    1. Fill the gap with something fibrous (pressed wood pulp) that shouldn't interfere with the vibrations through the neck and body.
    2. A hidden note of ownership in the unlikely event of it's theft. I could let the police know that it's there as a hidden, identifying mark (unless they remove the neck to check for something like thatÂ…then I'd be S.O.L.).