1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Mixer question

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by swift360, Feb 13, 2013.

1. I did a search, and didn't get the response I was looking for. But silly question kind of:

I have a 4 channel Pyle Pro mini mixer (model pDMX4L). Can I plug an acoustic guitar and mic into the mixer, then run that to my combo amp?

I am going to later tonight, but wondering now.

Thanks!

2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Chances are the combo wasn't designed for even, studio-monitor style response, so it won't sound great. Still, as long as the combo has an input that will handle line level from the mixer, it's do-able.

If your combo has an effects loop, plug the (line level) output from the mixer into the (line level) effects return jack. This should bypass the amp's pre-amp. Depending on the design, it might also bypass the amp's eq. What you're left with is a mixer feeding a little power amp and what's likely to be a fairly colored cabinet.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Of course you can do that, but it will sound like a junior high dance in 1966 :)

5. Perfect! What I was going for :hyper: