1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Mixer question

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by swift360, Feb 13, 2013.

1. swift360

swift360

I did a search, and didn't get the response I was looking for. But silly question kind of:

I have a 4 channel Pyle Pro mini mixer (model pDMX4L). Can I plug an acoustic guitar and mic into the mixer, then run that to my combo amp?

I am going to later tonight, but wondering now.

Thanks!

2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Chances are the combo wasn't designed for even, studio-monitor style response, so it won't sound great. Still, as long as the combo has an input that will handle line level from the mixer, it's do-able.

If your combo has an effects loop, plug the (line level) output from the mixer into the (line level) effects return jack. This should bypass the amp's pre-amp. Depending on the design, it might also bypass the amp's eq. What you're left with is a mixer feeding a little power amp and what's likely to be a fairly colored cabinet.

3. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

Of course you can do that, but it will sound like a junior high dance in 1966 :)

4. swift360

swift360

Perfect! What I was going for :hyper:

5. Register to disable this ad