1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Mixing Speakon cable with normal 1/4" cable

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DubnBass, Nov 16, 2012.

1. DubnBass

DubnBass

Is it okay to run a speaker cabinet using a speakon/neutrik cable out of one speaker output of a head for one cabinet, then use the other output with normal 1/4" speaker cable for the other cabinet? I thought it shouldn't be a problem, but just wanted to get a second opinion from the forum-ites!
  2. Foz

Foz

yeah - its OK - all speakon is a better method but using a 1/4" to jumper over to cab 2 won't hurt anything.
  3. arai

arai

Make sure you match the ohms if it is a tube amp or don't go below minimum ohms if it is a solid state amp
  4. DubnBass

DubnBass

Awesome! Thanks.

Yeah I'm aware of all that thanks... Running a 4ohm solid-state head with two 8ohm cabinets.
  5. arai

arai

You're ready to roll then
  6. DubnBass

DubnBass

Thanks! Is there any difference in daisy-chaining cabinets versus using the two separate outputs my head has?
  7. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

There will be no difference. I myself prefer to daisy chain (amp output to speaker #1, speaker #1 parallel output to speaker #2) but I don't even remember why I started doing it.
  8. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Those electrons are moving so fast, you will barely notice the time lag difference between parallel outputs and daisy chaining. ;)