1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MM or Sterling Stealth Bass- Thoughts, Impressions, Pics?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by msh26, Nov 28, 2012.

1. msh26

msh26

Ok, so I have an obsession with the EBMM or Sterling Stealth basses. I'm thinking about purchasing a SLO neck Stingray or a Sterling for the thinner neck and really interested in people that own these Stealth basses. Please post pics or share your story. I've used search already and haven't found much. :help:

I know it's just a finish, but for me I love the black look and MM seems to be a good fit for me since I'm not a Fender guy.

Be nice, I'm a newbie and playing since August. Currently own a Ibby SR300 in grey. I'd keep that one since its my "first". Music styles are John Taylor (DD), The Smiths, Bush, old Simple Minds, Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music, etc. :bassist:
  2. Steveaux

Steveaux

There are 33 other threads with "stealth" in the title. Plenty of info/pics there.
  3. msh26

msh26

Did mention I used search already??? Oh yeah...I did..
  4. aasti3000

aasti3000 Supporting Member

I had one. Loved it. Just didn't like the ebony fingerboard. But nice tones, and you can't beat the look!!! I had a 5 string stealth string ray HH. If you don't mind an ebony board then you'll marry the damn bass!
  5. aasti3000

aasti3000 Supporting Member

6. msh26

msh26

"Once you go black....?" :meh:
  7. msh26

msh26

8. drTSTingray

drTSTingray

The most amazing one I ever saw (in pics) was on Bass Central's website - an SR4 fretless - invisible except for the headstock decal!! Seriously though - fretless ebony board on a stealth black finish - so cool.
  9. msh26

msh26

For you that own a Stealth have you had problems with the finish showing nicks and scratches more?