MM pickup wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by saved, Jan 30, 2013.

1. saved

saved

i have a bass with j/MM pickup and the MM its wired in series.i wan to put a switch and wire it series/parallel/single coil near bridge/single coil near neck and in/out phase.i dont care how many switches it will take to put on the bass.the cables are
    black (go to the blend switch)
    green (go to bass eq)
    red (go to white to become series)
    white
    naked (ground on bass eq)
    later i will post some pics
    so if anyone could help me it will be fine

Attached Files:

2. saved

saved

its active pickups

3. saved

saved

nobody help me but i did it the green was ground on the bass EQ so i found a wiring plan in internet and i did it

Attached Files:

4. murphy

murphy

congrats.
    i guess there is a way if you are willing and put enough time into it.
    Which setting do you prefer?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. saved

saved

i dont have a standard setting.i allways change.it has to do with the song i playing but i playing most neck pickup single and series.this is a harley benton 500 tbk 5string fretless.its a circus bass.its not as good as it looks but with 150 euros..what i was waiting for??
    now i have to buy a batery box and put it on the bass to have more space in the electronics and i will insert one capacitor into the neck coil to make it more low tone.i thing it will work.but maybe i am thinking wrong.i will found out..

7. saved

saved

here are the fotos before i put the switch

Attached Files:

8. saved

saved

here are the controls.i will also put led down of the pickups for pickup backlight.
    the on/off/on switch goes to the batery.on position=power on,off=power of,led=power on+led

Attached Files:

9. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Nice work dude. I was going to say, I was modifying the electronics of my Musicman Ray35 (the Indonesian EBMM Stingray) that has very similar if not the same electronics... a polite email to Customer Service got me PDF schematics of how the pickup and preamp is wired. Saved me alot of time and trial/error by just asking them for it.

I didnt like how the preamp in mine played along with overdrive pedals, so I bypassed the preamp so the pickup would be wired passively to the input jack. I also wanted it wired in parallel (rather than series) so I changed that... I'd determined I would control my volume and tone through my Rusty Box pedal pre-amp, so left the vol/tone knobs out... I have it wired pickup -> on/off switch -> jack. The MM pickup running wide open passively sounds surprisingly good and exactly like an EBMM should... I'd call the experiment a success.

10. saved

saved

you made nice work to toastfuzz.i dont play with pedals or effects.i like passive pickups more than active and i am waiting to buy the SSB-5 NYC ( http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/bass/soapbars/5string/passive_phase_i/ ) for my vgs cobra,but here in greece..people have to wait long for good stuff..its easy to you to upload the PDF schematics to take a look?i like to share usefull things here to help people and to learn much more