1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MM Sterling or MM Ray Slo Special?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gard0300, Feb 26, 2014.

1. gard0300

gard0300 Supporting Member

So I have played both of these basses and like them equally. They have tonal differences, but I find myself liking both. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. So I ask ... is one better from an investment stand point? Is one easier to sell? (Heaven forbid) Just Curious? Thanks in advance!!
  2. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

Either one could be easier to sell based on how you price them. A Sterling priced at $500 will sell instantly and an SLO at $1500, not so quickly. And vice versa.

I'd go with the Sterling, personally, because I prefer the tone and because it has more tone options, thanks to its coil switching. And it's probably lighter (though not necessarily).
  3. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm not sure which one I would choose... ha ha :bag:

:bassist:
  4. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Great company with great build quality. You're fine whichever bass you choose.
  5. gard0300

gard0300 Supporting Member

I think I have it narrowed down to the HH series for both.
  6. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

7. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Long time Stingray fan. Just got my first Sterling 5 HH. Love it.

You'll be fine with whatever you choose.
  8. negativefx

negativefx complete hack Supporting Member

Regret the day I sold my HH... for $800 friggin dollars. Me dumb.
  9. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

The Stingray is EBMM's biggest seller and most recognizable model, so it might be easier to resell at a good price. I've owned both, and they're both great. The SR HH is extremely versatile.