1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Modaholics Anonymous Meeting In Session

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ejaggers, Jan 19, 2014.

1. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

Hi I’m ejaggers

And I’m a Modaholic.

I called you all here today because I need someone to talk me down. Every since I saw screaminglucy’s modded Gretsch (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-modded-gretsch-g2202-one-kind-short-scale-tone-monster-956548/), I’ve had terrible GAS to buy a Jr Jet and mod it.

There’s a guy that has one for sell and every week he drops the price, so he’s just down right messing with me, and now I have the shakes!!! Someone needs to buy it and remove my temptation. The reason I don’t want to buy it is because Gretsch parts are so expensive. I want to replace:
    1. knobs: $15 each
    2. tailpiece G for Jet: $140
    3. bridge: $70
    4. thundertron pickup: $170
    5. paint job: $$$

All this plus shipping.

This seems to be too ridiculous, even for me. I would have bought lucy’s if I had known it was for sale.

What say you? Can you help me?

2. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

Wow!!! Not one Modaholic wanted to come out and play.

But that's alright because the bass sold the day before I decided to get it. I probably would have put way too much $$$ in it because I don't know where to find cheap gretsch parts. So I'm still on my quest to cure my boredom.