1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Modded Cheap Bass players ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by p12bassnut, Aug 26, 2013.

1. p12bassnut

p12bassnut Supporting Member Supporting Member

Anyone got a cheap (inexpensive) bass that has been modded ?

I'll start.
    Peavey Millennium bxp 4 string. (Indonesia model) Transparent blue with flame top.
    Installed Dimarzio Pickups and Bartolini NTMB 3 band pre.
    This thing plays like a dream. Super thin neck. Absolutely no dead spots. Now it sounds great too. Very light as well.
    The mods cost more than the bass but it's a keeper for sure.

Peavey bxp small.jpg

:hyper:
  2. cleary

cleary

I'll play :)

Ibanez RD300
    Nordstrand MM4.2 bridge
    Nordstrand NJ4 neck

I don't have a lot of experience with different basses (hence upgrading electronics instead of buying), but it plays nice to me, and sounds great so I like it :)

Pic (with the old pups, but it looks identical):
    [​IMG]
  3. bassbenj

bassbenj

I'll play.

I have a lot such as my SX 6 string modded to fretless, but since I don't have a photo of it yet, there is no bass...

So I pick my Squier special 5er they called a P/J but it had two J pickups? What the...?

Anyway a REAL Fender American P-bass neck pickup and a Dimarzio ultra jazz bridge pickup and Voila! A true keeper! Dig it man! P/J, flats, Tort guard... can you say heaven?

and yes, it plays as nice as it looks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]