1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Modding a Big Muff Pi (NYC)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by EXILE03, Feb 22, 2014.

1. EXILE03

EXILE03

So I've been looking into modding some pedals, and since my Big Muff Pi's battery harness thing broke, I might just take the opportunity. What mods could I do to it that that will make it sound more like the black Russian one or just outright clone it?
  2. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

This won't be too helpful but I had a guy mod an NYC muff for me to a blend of Russian and rams head specs, he said it took a lot of component changing. If you check out general guitar gadgets they have layouts for versions of all the big muffs. You should be able to compare part values on there and replace the ones in your NYC accordingly.
  3. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
  4. EXILE03

EXILE03

I found a schematic for the Russian one I want to emulate, but none seem to exist for the current NYC version that I have. Are there any specific capacitors to replace that would get me closer to the sound?