1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Modern country recording using Stingray 5

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by ronlitz, Nov 14, 2012.

1. ronlitz

ronlitz

If anyone here has been involved with recording a modern country song using a Music Man Stingray 5 string, can you tell me if the onboard eq was used at all, or did the engineer prefer the onboard eq to be flat?
  2. KrisHayes

KrisHayes

That'd be up to the engineer! :)
  3. Frenchy-Lefty

Frenchy-Lefty

When recording an active bass it is better to live the Eq controls in the middle. Studios are using much higher quality preamps and equalizers than you can find in any bass. In addition it is better to leave it up to the engineer to make the the EQ decisions. I actually did not care for the 3 band EQ on my EBMM SR4 and would rarely use the inboard control.