1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

mods for GGG tuned muff

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xMaxBASSx, Feb 18, 2013.

1. xMaxBASSx

xMaxBASSx

Hello TB'rs,
    I'm interested in starting to build my own pedals and I plan on buying a GGG Tuned Big Muff kit. I only have a very basic understanding of how to build a pedal that i have gotten from searching around on the generalguitargadgets.com and here on talkbass. Basically I know I'm going to want to add some mods to it in the future and while i know it will make it harder to make i would rather just mod the pedal while im making it rather than having to get a new enclosure and mod it after I have already made it. The two mods that I would like would be either a clean blend or a mid cut/boost. I'm only planning on adding one of the two to it and I would like some general instruction from all of you on how to do either one. which ever one i deem easier will be the one i add to the pedal
    p.s I'm also planning on getting the larger 1590BB enclosure
    Thanks,
    -Max
  2. Swift713

Swift713

I had a GGG muff with a four position switch for scooped, flat, mid boost, or tone stack bypass. I thought that was part of their kit. The tone bypass was fantastic.
  3. Lark

Lark

I'm literally in the middle of doing the same thing. Hopefully trying to add a pot to scoop and boost the mids. Do a google search for "big muff mods" and you should get a bit of info. Keep me posted how you go. I've recently started to build effects myself.
  4. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

Check out Beavis Audio. Also google "Big Muff Mods". You will find some fun stuff.
  5. dullsilver_mike

dullsilver_mike Supporting Member

I just added a switch to swap between the stock clipping diodes and a fat and wooley (less clipping more gain) LED. I love using red LEDs as the clipping diodes in fuzz circuits for bass, it's an option I've added to about every pedal I've ever built.