1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Modulus Flea 4-string, ROADWORN, Nordstrand PU and pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ModulusAcacia, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair
    FS ONLY! '99 Modulus Flea 4-string, Silver (mostly), Graphite neck, Nordstrand 4.2 pick up and 3-band EQ. Weighs in at just over 9lbs on the bathroom scale. This bass is a tank. I got it literally in pieces (as in the body had split in 2!). I re-assembled it and was planning on refinishing it. However once I got all the new electronics into it I left it as is with the finish eaten up, sanded smooth (mostly), but generally bastardized, I sent it out with Walk the Moon late last year in hopes their bassist would stop playing his god awful Ric, and play this thing to no avail. So now I'm ready to part with it. Although it's beat to hell, it plays like a million bucks. SUPER LOW ACTION, double thumbing all day, and smokin' tone from the Nordy guts. It won't fall apart on you, promise. Comes with a Roadrunner gig bag

$1025 shipped in the lower 48
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. highvilledog

highvilledog

Hi, I' m lookin' for this Modulus, can You ship in Italy and how much it costs ? Thanks, Claudio.
  3. Hidesert

Hidesert Supporting Member

This is a cool bass and I'll bet it plays great. I own a Modulus with Nordstrands and it sounds perfect!!!
    Can I ask you how one breaks a body in that manner? Was it along a seam?
    GLWS!
  4. ModulusAcacia

Disclosures:
    I'd say it was a long seam...
    [​IMG]

I bought it from the guy who caused this travesty. My understanding was he had the pickguard off and dropped something on the control cavity area causing the whole thing to split. The craziest part of this: If I sent it to Pat Wilkins for a re-fin the repair would be all but invisible. It's come nicely back to life since this.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. duke2004

duke2004 Supporting Member

Did you plan to take your roadworn photos in "the road"?:D:D
    By the way, I owned one for many years and and the high point of it was the amazing low action possible.
  7. ModulusAcacia

Disclosures:
    I guess it's more "parking lot-worn", but there is a road only feet from me! And this thing get IMPOSSIBLY LOW ACTION.
  8. uptowndirt

uptowndirt Supporting Member

l like this bass as well, what type of sound difference are you getting with the nordy's
  9. ModulusAcacia

Disclosures:
    It sounds like the best stingray ever, with a Modulus neck. Seriously, it has the punch of a stingray, but the clarity of a modulus. The Nordy pre-amp fits it very well too. It's voiced right at really usable frequencies that really dial in the tone. With the bass boosted slightly and the mids cut just a little it's punch central.
  10. FiXeR

FiXeR Bass monkey, Drinker of swill, No sleep since 1985

Weird way for the bass to have been damaged like that. Especially with the other damage the finish has sustained on the forearm area or the paint chips on the back of the body. This bass definitely has an interesting story to tell! :D

Has the neck sustained any damage (hard to tell in the photos)? Any chips, cracks or the like?
  11. Hidesert

Hidesert Supporting Member

Formerly owned by Pete Townsend?
  12. ModulusAcacia

Disclosures:
    The neck is 100% functional and is in great shape except for the finish blems on the headstock. That forearm wear was nasty when I got it. I built it up using super glue then sanded it smooth. Same thing with the wear by the controls. Those paint chips on the back came off when I took off a very attached Parliment sticker. had I known I wouldn't get around to painting it I'd have left it on.
  13. ModulusAcacia

Disclosures:
  14. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    What did he drop on it? A bus?
  15. uptowndirt

uptowndirt Supporting Member

did this flea ever sell ?