Modulus Guitars LLC

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Feb 4, 2014.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  2. evilchuck87

evilchuck87 Modulus is my passion Supporting Member

This has been mentioned already in Mob thread, I don't see the need for this to be a new thread. Like Jesus, Modulus will be resurrected. Mark my words :)
  3. cv115505

cv115505 Supporting Member

4. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Perhaps this is Jauqo's way of admitting he was wrong?
  5. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Ahhh, another member of the thread police?

Let me explain a need that YOU don't see but I and others do. Not all of the many thousands of members of TB are members of, nor do we frequently view, the Modulus Mob thread. I know that may be surprising, but I have a limited amount of time to peruse the Board every day, and that's simply one thread I don't typically click on to view it very often.

Notwithstanding, I happen to really like Modulus basses, have owned a few and I am saddened by their financial troubles and apparently imminent departure from the bass scene after so many years making awesome instruments.

So Jauqo, thanks for sharing this in a separate thread as I and many others would not have otherwise known of this newsworthy information.

As far as Modulus rising again, it doesn't seem likely that will happen, at least not as Modulus Guitars, LLC. They have filed a Chapter 7 Petition under the Bankruptcy Code. Filing under Chapter 7 means the company is seeking total liquidation of all assets. This, as opposed to filing under Chapter 11 or 13, where a reorganization of the company with concessions from creditors so the company can keep going, basically means everything is sold off and the creditors split the proceeds ( not always evenly) and the company is dissolved.

So something might arise from the ashes, but it won't be Modulus LLC. That makes me sad.
  6. elgecko

elgecko

All the assets have already been auctioned off and are starting to appear on Ebay. RIP!
  7. hover

hover

indeed, sad news. thanks for the link Jauqo.
  8. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Supporting Member

9. BuffaloBob4343

Really, I don't recall a link to the filing of a Chapter 7 Petition. It seems to me this is the first actual affirmation of the legal course being taken by the company. That entire thread you linked was a thousand posts of speculation as to the outcome.

Jaqo's link in this thread is the first time I've seen anything dispositive of that outcome.
  10. guy n. cognito

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/modulus-still-business-968185/index26.html#post15307937

Sure you read that thread?
  11. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

There's been a company on ebay selling a bunch of old modulus neck, body, and pickup routing templates that the company used.
  12. BuffaloBob4343

13. guy n. cognito

Well, then you should click on the second link I just provided......

....and then edit your last post...... ;)
  14. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

This filing is from two months ago...
  15. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Disagree.
  16. BuffaloBob4343

So do I. That thread was closed for 3 months before it was reopened for that update post and then reclosed. Do you think I have time to check long closed threads every day for three months for an update? ;)

That post was as good as a fart in the wind.
  17. guy n. cognito

18. BuffaloBob4343

Again, another add to a two month old thread full of speculative posts l that I would be not have bothered to follow after the first few posts.

What Jaqo's post did was elevate this to a level of visibility that those of us who are not searching Modulus demise threads are actually informed. Thanks again Jaqo and beware the thread police. They're coming to get you!
  19. guy n. cognito

8 posts, to be exact. ;)

It's been quite visible for some time now, but I suppose another thread about it can't hurt.
  20. BuffaloBob4343

Apparently it hurts you. :p