1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Modulus Passive Bass (Bartolini pickup)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by duderus, Dec 8, 2012.

1. duderus

duderus

1.) What type of strings are shipped on new modulus basses?

2.) I use DR's (High Beams) on my vintage p bass and love them. They bend great and have amazing feel and tone. The strings on new modulus are rougher but have a great tone. I am thinking of getting another pack of the strings that are shipped with the bass. So, my question is, should I try my favorite strings on this new toy? or keep going with the stock strings for tone flexibility. Both basses offer totally different tones if I don't which the strings.

Thank you!
  2. duderus

duderus

3. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

I don't know if they've changed recently but for years Modulus used custom spec D'Addario XL nickels 45-105 (35 for the high C and 130 for the low B). You used to be able to order sets directly from Modulus but they aren't on the website anymore. They are very similar to the standard XL170.
  4. basswave

basswave Execuse me but your I-IV-V is in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile
    +1