1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Mojo Hand FX Socrates

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chamber, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Chamber

Chamber Supporting Member

Does anyone have any experience using the Mojo Hand FX Socrates pedal with bass? How does it sound?

Intriguing...
  2. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

I have not, but I'd also like to hear some experiences. Though I may just suck it up and give it a shot.
  3. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

I really like Mojo Hand pedals.
    Oh hell, the Socrates is a rat clone, if I hadn't just bought a BYOC Mouse kit
    I'd probably buy the Socrates.

I have never tried the Socrates, but I have the Colossus and I had the BMP-1
    They both were/are awesome on bass, tons of low end.
    It has bass and treble control, I bet it'd be awesome.

check out their forum, should be some info there.
    http://www.mojohandfx.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
  4. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Pulling back this thread from a few months ago. I just had some time with the Socrates last night and I really liked it. I got to try out a large array of Mojo Hand's line and I really liked what the Socrates did and was second in line to the DMBL overdrive (I really liked that one). I was also digging the Colossus.

I've played around with a Rat2 (pretty sure that model) before, so if the Socrates is a rat clone (and depending on which Rat we're talking here)- I'd give the Mojo Hand the better review. The Rat (IME) had ONE good tone, and still had a low end suck. The Socrates had a few on tap and some low end to dial back into the signal.

Out of the ten or so pedals I tried of their line - I was digging 3 of them. Not bad numbers...
  5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Got mine inbound as we speak, I assume I'll have it by the end of next week.

Really looking forward to it will feedback soon.
  6. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Would love to hear some more feedback. Clips too, if you can do it.
  7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    No problem will give it a go