1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Mojohand 443 vs 3leaf Wonderlove

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xkomo, Jan 24, 2014.

1. xkomo

xkomo

I ve heard really good words about both of them. Does anyone have experience of both? Which one would you choose?
  2. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Supporting Member

I have a 443 coming to me but I have never used the Wonderlove. I'm real picky about envelope filters and auto wah's and I like very few that I have heard or tried. I'm curious to see if the 443 is my last one or not.. Hoping it plays nice with my other pedals.
  3. xkomo

xkomo

Thank you for the reply... I want a filter to add just a flavour to the sound rather than make my sound quacky...
  4. ThumbyAche

If the 443 sounds like (or better) than the youtube vid for the 442 then I should be very happy.
  5. xkomo

xkomo

Well, I like the sound of wonderlove but when I watched Trip's 442 clip I have fallen in love with its sound. If only it had the controls of the wonderlove!!!
  6. NeroJazz

NeroJazz Supporting Member

I've had a 443 until recently, and I'll be picking up my Wonderlove tomorrow. I'll post my initial thoughts after I've put the WL through its paces.
  7. xkomo

xkomo

I am looking forward to read your thoughts!:hyper:
  8. NeroJazz

NeroJazz Supporting Member

So here's the verdict after a couple of days:

The Wonderlove completely blows the 443 out of the water.

Although the WL has a hefty price tag, the additional features are more than worth it. The Wonderlove can cop similar tones and can do so much more. It is a knob twiddlers dream and still extremely intuitive.

Whether or not you should choose one over the other really boils down to whether or not you can afford a Wonderlove. It's expensive - but it's that good.
  9. ThumbyAche

Here are my quick thoughts on the 443 after playing it solo and then in my pedal board (in place of my bass auto wah): First, this is the only envelope filter I have liked in a long time...this pedal is subtle pretty much no matter what the settings...but that is probably why I like it. Not entirely sure yet but I think I am more of an auto what guy than an envelope filter guy. My settings are always on the more subtle side of "vocal like" and less of the more extreme filter sounds that you hear on so many of the youtube vids. I like more of a controlled "quacking" and less "chirpy" if that makes any sense.
    Also, there is a cool nasally, midrange quality to the 443 when I favor the bridge pickup of my bass that is very, very cool. This pedal is super quick, retains the low end and very easy to dial in the sounds that I would use. Plus a small footprint on my pedalboard which I like very much. All that said, I see myself keeping this pedal if I have an envelope filter on my board. I do think my auto wah sounds slightly better with my fuzz and octave...very close though..
  10. xkomo

xkomo

I decided to order the wonderlove from the french dealer. It will cost twenty euros more than the mojohand
  11. xkomo

xkomo

I finally received my wonderlove. I have not any other filter to compare it.. But I think it is great and I will never sell it!