1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

MojoTone Precision Pup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tbone0813, Feb 10, 2014.

1. tbone0813

tbone0813 Supporting Member

Anyone try the precision pickup from MojoTone (or any pickup for that matter)? It seems to have a really nice tone from the video on the website.

Mojotone Classic P-Bass

[​IMG]

2. 109eh

109eh

I searched through some websites, and I didn't informations about the quality of these pickups. I liked the sound/tone of these in the videos, but I'm afraid, worried by the fact of the price is similar of Lollar and Lindy Fralin and none players using or talking about Mojotone.
    Mojotone price is the P Classic (74 USS) + knockout Jazz(106USS)
    Can anyone talk about your experience with these and about the quality?

3. 109eh

109eh

4. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

having great luck with the stock neo punchs in my skyline bob glaub, so much so that i have foregone changing them for alleva coppolos(which are amazing in my jazz)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

Ive wound pickups with their parts, so I can attest with the quality of their stuff, but I can make no comments on the sound.

7. Isotonic

Isotonic Supporting Member

At one point Geddy Lee was using their pickups on a lot of his builds. That speaks volumes.

8. ugo

ugo Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sound Design Coordinator, Camel Audio | Designer, Ugo Audio
    I realize I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but since there is so little info on their pickups out there that I thought I'd put in my $0.02 in case it helps anyone else.

I recently got a 1990 USA Peavey Fury that the previous owner had dropped Mojotone's Knockout P into - and I'm finding that the tone in Mojotone's video is in the ballpark for what I am hearing once I've run through EQ and compression - not quite so much from the dry signal. I've got a different body wood, I'm running through a different preamp, etc. so what I am getting is not the same tone (theirs sounds better) but there are enough similarities to for me to feel their video is accurate enough to give you an idea of the tone the pickup can potentially deliver, depending on your rig and settings. I am especially like it when boosting the mids - punchy and growly, but still with an old school vibe.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014