1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Moment of clarity

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Guinness20, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Guinness20

Guinness20

Just had a realisation!

For weeks I've been stressing - do I get a b3k or vmt and run it through something like a tone hammer, or just go straight for the b7k. Had a look at johnbegone's preamp shootout - utter legend by the way - but it didn't help as much as I'd hoped.

But then it dawned on me - I was worried that the b7k eq would only effect the distorted tone, but I'd be running the tonehammer behind the b3k/vmt in the chain anyway, so it would be basically the same.

I think the b7k might be the one for me :D
  2. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member

I use a b3k, among others for distortion, but use a b7k as a pre and love it.
  3. Guinness20

Guinness20

do you use the b7k for distortion at all?
  4. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member

No, but it works great, same as a b3k but with the pre, I prefer the eq and switches on the 7 with a clean signal.

Actually considered getting 2. One for clean and one for distortion, but the 3 does it for me