1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Mono Betty Short Strap $21.39

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by jasper383, Jan 21, 2013.

1. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

2. blastoff99

blastoff99 Supporting Member

Thanks! I've been watching these, and despairing of them ever getting less expensive.

Now I have one on the way. :)
  3. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Born Again Tubey
  4. troy mcclure

troy mcclure

damn it man...back to $40
  5. kenstee

kenstee Supporting Member

It's a great strap AND totally worth it at $40 BTW. I mean what's $20 when it comes to comfort and durability? And besides, the black look SO MUCH better!
  6. troy mcclure

troy mcclure

I bet I have a comfort strap and swear by them and had a mono case so know how well they are made.
  7. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Born Again Tubey
  8. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

9. ModulusQ5-122

ModulusQ5-122 Supporting Member

How do you tell if its long or short? I want one but need long.
  10. froghat

froghat Supporting Member

The part number will end in either L (long) or S (short).
  11. Ian Perge

Ian Perge

$25.14 is still a damn good price, so I went ahead and picked up 4 of them! I originally tried to have Musician's Friend pricematch them as I also needed StrapLoks and Strings for a NDB ( :hyper: ) as they are also running a "$20 off $99+/$50 off $250+" promotion from Tuesday until Tomorrow, but they wouldn't take off both the pricematch as well as their promotion. Their loss, as I think I can stand receiving 2 packages as opposed to just 1... :smug:
  12. troy mcclure

troy mcclure

I love how silly MF can be. I ordered 12 items once that were $1 each..they mailed them in 4 separate boxes of 3..... These were low 10 x 10 Tom bags, but I figured I could use them for cords and such. Not only did they loose money on the clearance item but it had to cost more than $12 in postage....
  13. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Back up to $40! Maddening, I JUST decided I needed two new straps...
  14. Sojourner

Sojourner Supporting Member

LOVE the Betty strap. Don't have any idea how they can charge $40 still for their other strap that looks just like the standard $5 seatbelt material straps you can pick up anywhere, though.
  15. Ian Perge

Ian Perge

Received my Short Bettys in "Smoke" today, and I'm glad I splurged and went for 4 as these are my new favorite straps! Fantastic padding and weight distribution for those of us with Back Issues, a nice back made from "Ultrasuede" that provides enough grip to fight off Neck Dive, but not too much of a grip that it pulls your shirt all over the place while using it. It's also absolutely the most hardcore of Straps I've seen - metal buckles and connections between pieces where I've only ever seen plastic. This is the "Comfort Strapp" circa 2013! :D

...now I just have to keep my eyes open for another opportunity to purchased at the discounted price, so I can outfit all my Electric Basses with them. Hopefully Black... that would go well with the Dark Grey of the "Smoke".
  16. kenstee

Yep...it sure is! Once you experience a Mono "Betty" there's NO turning back! One of the few items on Earth I'd actually pay retail for if I needed it fast. The only thing better was the generation of Mono strap just before they called it the Betty. I have both and have compared them. The Betty is close but no cigar. They appear to have cost-reduced it slightly. It had more or less the same look and style BUT it also had obviously better workmanship, stitching and superior/stronger materials especially noticeable in the end tab pieces which attach to the bass/guitar. Still an amazing strap though and worth every penny!
  17. kenstee