1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Monster Bass Cables $23 @ musiciansfriend

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by insomniac2295, Oct 12, 2013.

1. insomniac2295

insomniac2295 Supporting Member

2. insomniac2295

They're also apparently offering free shipping on all cables until the end of the year
  3. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

My monster "bass" cable lasted a few months and didn't sound any better than generic cables. Gotta admit it is a good price reduction though!
  4. insomniac2295

I'll agree that they don't sound better than generic cables to my ears either. I had one for a couple years and it held up pretty well (even though I got it used). I mostly buy cables for the warranty and it's hard to beat lifetime. Plus, IME, Monster cables last a long time without the warranty. I've had a Monster 6" patch cable for like 6 years and it's held up great.
  5. dDaddybass

dDaddybass Supporting Member

Hmmm. I got my deal at Music123 a few weeks ago. Same price.
  6. insomniac2295

New Thread: MONSTER CABLE'S GOING OUT OF BUSINESS
    :bag::D
  7. halfjackson

halfjackson Supporting Member

Sale on Amazon too.
  8. jcoutu1

jcoutu1 Supporting Member

This would suck. Who would replace my broken cables!
  9. wave rider

wave rider

The one I got a few years ago, the warrantey stipulated sending the cord back to the manufacturer with original receipt. My understanding is that past practice was to go to any dealer and swap the bum one for a new one. Not as easy now...

=wr=
  10. bobcruz

bobcruz

I've read that the reason the cables sound "bassy" is that they attenuate the high frequencies just like a cheap cable. I'd rather have my full signal reach the amp where I can attenuate the highs or not. :meh:
  11. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Weird...we are just talking about two wires...they'd have to add a capacitor to bleed the highs...makes me wonder
  12. troy mcclure

troy mcclure Supporting Member

The advantage is if you live near a GC or Sam Ash, you walk in and swap them no questions asked, you are buying the warranty no the cable.
  13. bobcruz

bobcruz

Cables have capacitance. I need to find where I read about this--if I do, I'll post it.
  14. bobcruz

bobcruz

15. bobcruz

bobcruz

16. insomniac2295

Pretty much anyone that offers a lifetime warranty requires the original receipt. Monster Cable's way is the old way that not many people do any more.
  17. wave rider

wave rider

Monster does not support the swap any more...

=wr=
  18. AgressivePassiv

AgressivePassiv Supporting Member

Just swapped out a broken one at Sam Ash 2 months ago with no problems. Snapped off the1/4" male tip inside a pedal. Other than that my monster cables have held up way better than anything I had used before.

BTW I've never paid full price for one, always got em on sale at amazon or picked up a couple along with other stuff I got through the forums deal with MF.
  19. wave rider

wave rider

That is good to hear, I was quoting the literature that came with my cable. If mine breaks, I'll be glad to be proven wrong on the swap...

=wr=
  20. jcoutu1

jcoutu1 Supporting Member

I just swapped a pair at GC about 2 months ago too. Went in, he plugged them in, saw that they didn't work, then gave me two new ones.