MOOER Baby Tuner opinions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 33hz, Mar 21, 2014.

1. 33hz

33hz

Should I buy it or the TC polytune 2 ? :p
    I play a 6 string bass.
    I would also like to know, does the poly mode of the polytune 2 work well on a 6 string bass?
    Thanks
  2. MikroKev

MikroKev

My Baby Tuner went back to Mooer (as I posted on the big Mooer thread). It worked fine for a while then would go dead and the footswitch failed to engage the tuner. Power had to be switched off and on to restore tuning functions. It tuned fine when it was working.

I guess all manufacturers serve up an occasional faulty items, so my bad experience is not necessarily typical - my other Mooer pedals have been reliable. The reseller exchanged it for a different pedal (Mooer Bass Sweeper). But for tuning I've now gone for PolyTune Mini.

I've not found TC's poly mode that useful on bass or guitar - the string readings in this mode don't seem as accurate as when you check each one individually. I can tune each of the strings spot on in turn, but then giving the 4 strings a strum, and it doesn't read all 100% in poly mode.
  3. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

As someone that use to own a Polytune 2 it's VERY good (one of my basses is tuned DAEA and no issues when tuning). I got rid of it to get a Zoom CDR-70 (has built-in tuner)
  4. 33hz

33hz

How's the poly mode on bass? Have you tried it on a low B?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

I would always stick to chormatic tuning as poly-tune was very inaccurate. I would also use it to "tune" my EHX HOG to access other intervals.
  7. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

It works wonderfully!