1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Moog 12 stage phaser MF103 powering

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GlassOnion, Jan 30, 2013.

1. GlassOnion

GlassOnion 1.21 Gigawatts Gold Supporting Member

Ok so I have been stumped. Maybe someone has some advice. I may part ways with this pedal if I cannot get it to power.

Here's my dilemma:

I use a voodoo labs power supply. The moog only powers up from its own cable. It seems the voodoo labs power cables barrel connector is too short. I even tried cutting back some of the plastic on a voodoo plug to get the extra length, but still no dice. I went thru all the extra connectors hoping I could find one that has the correct length plug but still no power.

Any ideas? Or is this pedal only meant to accept its own cable?

And if this does not work what's a good or better replacement? I think it sucks having to get rid of it, but if I can't get voodoo PS to power it up I will have to.

2. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

The pedal cannot be replaced, nothing sounds like it or even close.
    I have one.
    Contact Moog for more info on this.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Just use the Moog power supply.

4. Knettgummi

Knettgummi

Keep in mind that the moogers use center positive connectors. You'll need a polarity reversal adapter to power it with a typical PSU.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pantherairsoft

pantherairsoft

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe, GigRig, COG Effects
    Yeah. Centre positive... And an isolated output. The barrel is a longer one - they do come in a few lengths and the Moog socket/supply uses a connector longer than your average daisy chain etc. some shorter ones still fit, but do not click in securely.

In my experience, most polarity reverse tips (like the red one from GigRig, which may be the same as the diago one) have a long enough barrel.

I use a gig rig generator and the distributor cables have the right barrels on. For what its worth a GigRig Isolator on a daisy chain will power 4 Foogers without reverse polarity adapters (you just connect the black and white cables in reverse!) perfectly... Thu excludes the Cluster Flux and Freqbox which need more juice.

7. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc

I never had a problem running my moogers off of a 1spot with the polarity-reverser attachment. You definitely don't need to use the Moog wall wart.

8. GlassOnion

GlassOnion 1.21 Gigawatts Gold Supporting Member

The red tipped plug solved my problem. Thanks!!!
    Now I have that issue off my back. Was bugging me for the longest time.