Mooradian Deluxe vs. Tuff-Bag Deluxe

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by Ben Esparza, Nov 13, 2009.

Mooradian Deluxe Bass Bag versus Tuff-Bag Deluxe Bass Bag

1. Mooradian Deluxe Bass Bag

18 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Tuff-Bag Deluxe Bass Bag

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Ben Esparza

Ben Esparza

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I looked up on String Emporium's web site that they offer both Mooradian Deluxe Bass Bag and Tuff-Bag Deluxe Bass Bag. I was wondering if anyone has A/B'd both bags and which bag is better, regardless of price.

2. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Disclosures:
    Setup and repair/KRUTZ Strings
  3. basss

basss Supporting Member

I've never seen the Tuff Bag but Mooradian bags last forever. They also have nice padding without weighing too much.

4. CrazyZeke

CrazyZeke

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist - Phil Jones Bass
    I just order the Tuff-Bag. I based this on the specs listed vs. cost. The 3-year warranty is important to me.

I previously had a TKL bag which: 1) zippers broke in one year, 2) the pockets ripped, and most importantly, 3) the strap "D" rings tore loose. I threw that bag in the trash where it belonged. (wouldn't even consider giving that death-trap away to my worst enemy) :spit: I've put WAY too much $$$ into my URB to have it be dumped on the street because of a cheap bag. :crying:

If I got any issues with the new Tuff-Bag I report 'em right here. Signing off....

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jacochops

jacochops

I've wanted to check out the Tuff-Bag...looks like a nice bag for the wampum. I just ordered one of Bob Gollihur's super bags...should be here Friday. I'll report back. To me, it has a lot of the positive qualities of the Reunion Blues bag, but 1/2 the price. Let us know how the Tuff-Bag works for you!

7. CrazyZeke

CrazyZeke

Disclosures:
    It arrived in good shape. On close inspection, I am satisfied that I got a very good deal. The stiching, straps, zippers and padding compare well or even better to much more expensive makers' products. I have gig on Saturday and will "road test" the new cover. Overall, it looks very well constructed.

8. CrazyZeke

CrazyZeke

Disclosures:
    The gig Saturday was nice... The Tuff-Bag was better than I expected. First, the end pin actually fit in the front lower pocket! (I use a Gaines wheel during transport.) The zippers are smooth and the fit allows easy zipping while holding my bass upright. Nice and quick. The handles are really fastened in nicely, X-stitched with a heavy fabric overlay for added strength and security. The handles are well placed for balance and the straps are seat belt grade fabric. I don't expect this bag to wear out anytime soon.

Overall, I d*mn happy about my purchase! Nice price and great padding!

9. Joshgouzy

Joshgouzy

So how's that Tuff-Bag holding out? I'm thinking of ordering one..

10. Bijoux

Bijoux

I finally order a new bag after searching and comparing for a long time.
    I was seriously considering the Tuff-bag and after much thought I ended up ordering the Mooradian for $420! :eek:
    I virtually did not find hardly any bad reviews on the Mooradian. In fact most of them say something like ...these bags have been around for 20 years and are still going!...
    So being that I make a living as a bass player I thought I would allow myself to a little luxury.
    what really made jump over the fence was the fact that these bags are made in America and I like to support our economy. besides these bags are truly the best so i hope these guys can stay in business. It would be very sad if we lost the choice. I recently ordered a bag that was about $300 after shipping and even though it was supposed to be of good quality on the second week it started to fall apart! I ended up fixing it and selling it for $150 just to get rid of it. So at the end I ended up spending more trying to save a buck.
    Anyway I couldn't be happier with the Mooradian deluxe. It is pricey but it is money very well spent. Just pure quality.