More Craig'slist fun...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Mike in Chicago, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Mike in Chicago

Mike in Chicago Supporting Member

"Whats good? Im a white girl from Wisconsin, I got thick hips an fast lips and hot quips...
    I blow mad drow and i got a sick flow...

I think I got bars, Im confident and I wanna put some of my 16s to some original beats...

Im looking for a producer that wants to work with a weirdo nerd girl/conscious thinking/hood rat/Thizzzlamic speaking lady.

Holla at me if you wanna go at it.... "

2. tdub0199

tdub0199

3. Nev375

Nev375

Media:
    I can't find my Idiot to English dictionary....

4. DerTeufel

DerTeufel

It's stuff like this that makes me think that humanity as a whole is slinking backwards :bawl:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. capncal

capncal

this ^^^ and going to walmart on saturday afternoon...

7. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp Supporting Member

I think she meant "hot quiffs".

8. Mike in Chicago

Mike in Chicago Supporting Member

And this is the norm for the Chicago music scene...many bars have been bought by middle easterners and eastern europeans...

"Need a venue to host your show?
    Silvie's Lounge is currently booking bands to fill some slots in the North Center of Chicago. Open dates for the following months: January, February, and March. Each band will get to play a 45 minute set, set(s) start each night every hour on the hour punctually at 9 PM.

This is a great opportunity and venue for music and for those of you who want to make a few $$. You will get compensated directly based on your fan demographic for the night. Silvie's Lounge employs a tally system. Cover/Donation is typically, but not limited to, five dollars. Bands will get their entire tally less a ten dollar fee per band for the sound technician, (i.e.: draw 22 people, make $110, earn $100 ...very simple).

That said, it is very important that you promote your show appropriately to make some real $$.

Silvie's Lounge is a 21+ establishment, all patrons and performers must be 21 years of age! NO EXCEPTIONS!

SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION (copy and paste)
    *Band name, genre, number of musicians in your band, caliber of gear
    *Website or social media link(s)
    *Contact name, email address
    *Night(s) interested in
    *Realistic estimate of your fan demographic for a typical given night
    *Recent venue(s) you have played in Chicago

If you are interested in inquiring about a possible show, scheduling a show, or just being added to an existing bill, send an email with the information listed above. Please allow 48 hours to review your materials and such and we will get back to you as soon as possible with further details.

Silvie's Lounge is located in North Center on the north side of Chicago at 1902 W. Irving Park Rd. Chicago, IL 60613 (One block west of the Irving Park Brown Line / one block east of Lincoln and Damen Avenues).

Thank you for your time and interest! We look forward to working with you and building new relationships."

9. UncleJimmy

UncleJimmy

That's funny. I actually played at Sylvie's a few times when my originals band was getting started. It's a dive, the owner/manager is surly. They will take ANYBODY. They have a decent stage, lighting and PA but you will end up playing for free for the other bands that were foolish enough to take the gig. Good times

10. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Wow. My condolences Mike!

11. Konigstiger22

Konigstiger22

Ahhh Silvies.....

I used to live like two blocks from that place and my friend from school's dad used to own it back when it was Triple D's. Don't know if he still owns it or whatever. It could be a pretty cool little venue actually.