More noise and feedback wanted

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kügel, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Kügel

Kügel

Hey Tb,

My band's been incorporating heavy sludgy/noise rock sections in songs and for some parts I need more squealing feedback. I'm currently running my bass into a Boss HM-2 (all knobs to 11) and that goes into my amp. But even when I hold my bass close to the speaker I don't get alot of feedback.

I've been thinking of buying an extra pedal to turn on for more noise madness. Basically something that I can stomp on whenever I need feedbacking noise.

I've been looking at Death By Audio pedals because they seem to go way out there in the noise and volume field.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks.
  2. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 Supporting Member

Feedback loopers are pretty common, especially if you buy online. Search Prymaxe or anywhere for them and you'll find something that suits your needs.
  3. Goteky45

Goteky45

I always got stupid feedback with some sort of behringer OD. I suppose cheap dirt pedals could get you lots of feedback
  4. Kügel

Kügel

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah, I'm thinking some stupidly cheap high gain distortion pedal might get me there.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bigmuffdiver

Bigmuffdiver

I once placed a Big muff after my Fulldrive. You can't dream of getting more feedback than that. But, a cheaper investment would be the cheap Behringer pedal someone described :p
  7. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

i used aguilar agro before and get a super high pitch feedback, the last band rehearsal i have i stacked up my rat tail with my darkglass vintage microtube to get very sweet controlled feedback
  8. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

I'd find a cheap guitar oriented distortion and crank it up and hit it when I want the noise.
  9. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Fuzzrocious makes some of his pedals with a feedback loop. Pretty cool. I have a rat king that has that feature. Fun to play around with. I know I've gotten some petty crazy feedback from the RK and an OCD. Lots o output between those two.
  10. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

perhaps a parametric eq, so you can boost the frequencies most sensitive to feeding back, depending on the room.
  11. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

My old Blackout Effectors Musket had great feedback. You can get to to be just this side of uncontrollable if you dime the Pre knob. But feedback loopers are a good bet. Death By Audio stuff is great. Also look at Devi Ever stuff, especially Aenima. I had one for about a week and could pick up radio frequencies with it.
  12. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

Also this.
  13. Feral Feline

Feral Feline Supporting Member

FLANGER FEEDBACK A LA MODE

Here's a nifty recipe that my friend and I experimented with back in the ... a long time ago, in a galax...

Lemme see if I remember this correctly:

BOSS BF-2 FLANGER (or equivalent Flanger)
    MANUAL: 0
    DEPTH: 0
    RATE: 0
    RES: DIMED!

Stupid Boss naming conventions...
    "Manual" is the amount of delay, none is needed, turn it OFF.
    "Depth" is the width of the sweep, not needed – OFF
    "Rate" controls how fast you cycle through the sweep, NO [DEL]CAPE[/DEL] Sweep, OFF it goes, we're using...
    "RESonance", otherwise known as the feedback loop – turn it up to the MAX.

I loved the hollow metallic sound this setting gave my friend's guitar, but it was always on the verge of feeding back – *at the time, I wanted that hollow metallic sound without the feedback, but there was no way to get "the sound" without the "verge of screeching".

Basically any modulation effect that has a resonance knob (or feedback knob or whatever XYZ company calls it) such as a phaser, should get you there.

Add distortion before or after the flanger to taste...

I'll see if I can get some squeel appeal going on my M5, I haven't tried this since '80/'81. Worked then...
  14. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

The Eau Claire Thunder isn't cheap, but it can feedback with just a volume adjustment, or you can use the feedback loop which has its own stomp switch. Go watch the pedalsandeffects.com fuzz wars with the ECT. It feeds back and startles Scott from Weezer.
  15. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

If I use my passive Jazz Bass with my BBM it's feedback city, compared to my actives which stay pretty quiet.
  16. TerribleLiar23

TerribleLiar23 OGT Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Arizona Cardinal Fan
  17. dune2k

dune2k

My Joyo Ultimate Drive gives me all the feedback I want, you just have to turn up the amp some...not too much though.
    Also for some low rumbling try the EHX Freeze, maybe in combination with a distortion effect. Sounds feedback(ish) and can be turned on easily, even at lower volumes.