More PayPal Issues

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BawanaRik, Mar 30, 2014.

1. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

I did a deal on Ebay and use the PayPal label. I get to the PO and they said the label wasn't any good. So I pay again.

I've been trying to get PayPal to make good with no luck.

Just an alert to a scam. Be careful they don't get you.

2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

3. BawanaRik

I wish someone would offer a better alternative to PayPal.

I am not a fan of lawsuits. They rarely solve anything.

4. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

I would ask for the local postmaster.
    I would ask him or her to provide in WRITING why they will not accept the label.
    At this point, I would then have evidence to go after PayPal for a refund, or the post masters superior command.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM Supporting Member

It's not that hard to get a refund for postage from paypal.... Like at all

7. OldDog52

OldDog52

Why did you pay twice? You can easily void the first label. And what reason did the PO give for not accepting it?

8. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    As mentioned by others, void the label within the transaction details screen. Once you do that, your main screen will once again show the option to print a shipping label. Pull down that button and do "mark as shipped." It will let you enter the tracking number from the post office. That way, you retain your seller protections.

9. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

I've printed probably 1000 or more labels from paypal, never had an issue. It's a great service and has many more options than even USPS offers on their direct website (media mail, first class, others). Love it. Very easy to click the 'void label' button also :)

10. OldDog52

OldDog52

It's also discounted from the full rates.

11. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I'm very happy with the service too. Just a note: Rates to Canada have recently gone through the roof, but the postal clerk told me that first class mail to Canada now has tracking. The serial number from the customs form is the tracking number. I'm betting that PayPal negotiated that deal.

The next best deal that most people forget about is that you can find out your first class postage at the USPS website, and then just use stamps.

12. BawanaRik

It is. I still haven't gotten the refund after first cancelling the shipping label after I got home and spent a half an hour attempting t communicate with the individuals working at paypal. And their Press this or that system.

I will probably get the refund in a couple of weeks. If they would have just told me that all would have been a lot easier.

Much easier that repeating my number twenty times. Did they ever hear of caller ID?

I repeat. A bit of competition would be good for everyone.

13. BawanaRik

While at the PO there was no void option. It was either pay up again or drive home and attempt to deal with it there and repeat the journey to the PO.

This would turn one stop on an organized efficient afternoon into an epic odyssey with the possibility of delaying the package delivery.

This isn't the first time PayPal has created issues. I do realize that nothing is perfect. If they would have dealt with this in the first place I would have been glad to move on.

They didn't. They escalated what should have been a push of the void button to a waste of time engaging with parts of humanity I would rather not have to realize existed.

14. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

I once visited friends who had an apartment in Chelsea, NY which is very close to Hells Kitchen BTW...
    Upon reaching their neighborhood, I noticed what appeared to be the world's largest post office surrounded by what appeared to be the world's largest assortment of bums, shirtless and drinking from brown paper bags.
    I said to.my buddy Dave when I got to his pad "What's up with the shirtless wino bums hanging around the post office?"
    Dave replied "they're off duty. They work there.".

15. michael_atw

michael_atw Supporting Member

Post office workers are quite often idiots. I have found my knowledge is significantly more of theirs such that I could do their job cold upon walking in on any day of the week.

It probably was able to be used, but they were stupid. Did they say it was insufficient postage or something?

16. BawanaRik

It was hard to tell with the attitude dripping off this individual.

I was just like she didn't even give a reason just started taping over my printed without even asking me if it was OK.

This po tends to be nasty.

I should be glad she didn't go "postal". That's right. Let me count that blessing.

I haven't heard that term in a while.

17. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    The post office is the home of the automaton. If whatever you're trying to accomplish does not fit within their extremely narrow and compartmentalized specific little task, it will not happen....ever.

Cue Newman and "publishers clearing house day".

18. michael_atw

In my hometown, I used to take prepaid packages to that PO. Then one day, the perpetually-ornery-looking worker demanded I wait while she weighed my 2 oz package. 1-3 oz First Class packages are the same rate. It was 2 oz but she wanted to bump it up, up to 3 oz it didn't matter anyways. Wasted my time just to rake 10 or 12 cents out of me she didn't even get. Never went back.

I would go to the small town "suburb" PO which was closer anyways. They never questioned me. One time one of them was going on about how my package was too large to go how I wanted; the guy cashing me out rolled his eyes and ignored her. Out where I'm at now is a small PO, the guy I see there alot tells me about how he hates his co-workers. hahahaha.

Next time, don't let them push you around. Most of them seriously don't have a clue. I don't say that condescendingly so much as objective fact.

19. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

one time i had trouble with a label i printed at my house. turns out my printer did not have good enough resolution for the label to be read by the p.o. scanners. it wasn't the p.o.s fault, but i had to jump through a few more hoops to get the thing delivered.

20. michael_atw

If they can read the tracking number, the bar code is irrelevant. Not sure if it was a barcode issue, but if it was and they could read the number on the label, then it's just another incompetent post office worker.

21. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Just for the record, I've had nothing but top notch service from the Post Office.