Morley Dual Bass Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grunge_freak, Apr 15, 2014.

1. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

I just got one of these and I really like alot of things about it. It's built like a tank, easy to use, the regular wah is great for distortion and the funk wah is great for anything else. The only thing I don't like is the noticeable difference in tone after you finish "wah"-ing, there is a 2 second period before the wah disengages where your tone is effected. Also I notice that the tone, when being effected by the engaged wah but not actually being "wahed", doesn't lose any low end but on the contrary, actually loses a little bit of sharpness. Is there any way to remedy this? It's not a huge deal, but if it was to not happen, this would be the greatest bass wah I have used.

2. vbchaos

vbchaos

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    If you open it you'll find a little pot-meter which allows you to set the switch-off delay! I have set mine to 0, so it switches off immediately

3. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

Oddly enough, I discovered that myself today online without looking here but thanks man! I did that too. but the only problem I have is that there is still a noticeable difference in tone. It's like the bass pauses for a split-second, then returns with uneffected tone. Maybe its just me being nit-picky, its really not a huge deal but it bothers me slightly for some reason. I feel like there should just be a seamless fade back into regular tone but other than that no complaints!

4. nlabat

nlabat

Hi Guys I got an old Dual Bass and i cannot find a Trim Pot there .... do you know why ??

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

It should be a blue square that is standing up, with a white circle in the middle that you can turn with a small flathead screwdriver. It should be on the middle-left side of the pedal.

7. nlabat

nlabat

mm I think mine its too old does not have it ...

8. Unemploid

Unemploid

this is my review/thoughts on the morley dual bass wah:
    i got to try a used dual bass morley wah yesterday. i was hard for me to use. when i slowly wahed i couldn't get a funky or thick tone no matter which mode i was in. but to be fare, i didn't mess with my amp settings to much. i will say if you're looking for a funky morley bass wah try out tm steven's model, but his model is like a funkier bass funk mode and his funk mode.

the morley didn't suck tone or not much, it's acceptable. i've try the 535q and the 105q and i easily got a funk sound and was easy for me to use. morley bass wah seems to work best when wahing quick or just stepping on it for solos/leads/filler.

the 535q and the bass morley both effect the lowend. between the two, i would choose 535q crybaby. 535q has like a rounder sound, bass morley cuts. i will own both pedals in the future. i didn't get to try any of the pedals with distortion.

btw, the 105q i good for rhythm, bass type stuff. the 2 i tried were used and suck tone, 1 of them was a older model. i suppose you can do lead type stuff, but i didn't gravitate towards that much.

105q is first on my list. i say, morley dual bass wah is good for cliff burton tones.