1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Moses Graphite Necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nivek91, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Nivek91

Nivek91 Supporting Member

I've just read through a thread from a few years ago describing how poor this company's customer service was, and it's made me reconsider buying the product. Has anyone had any recent dealing with the company, and if so, has it gotten any better?

I'm just re-hauling a MIM Jazz bass and was really set on this neck. Any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

2. lomo

lomo passionate hack Gold Supporting Member

I would not hesitate to buy a neck they already have in stock, as long as the return policy is clear, and I could use Paypal, but I had a sketchy experience with them years ago. Once the cash was ponied up, there was poor response to calls/emails and the product was delivered far later than promised. I did, however, get the bass, and it was way heavier than promised.......

3. Be_eM

Be_eM

I don't have experience with their bass necks, but I've got a couple of Moses guitar necks, some of them directly bought from them. Although I've heard some people complaining about quality issues, I've never experienced those myself. All the necks I own are perfectly OK and do what they're supposed to do.

Communication with Moses is a different thing. They will probably react and respond soon, when you're placing your order. However, if you want anything that's custom made or just differs from their standard stock, make sure you PRECISELY specify what you want and have them confirm that. Getting things done in the post may be a tedious process, and may postpone delivery dates in unexpected dimensions. It may also happen that e-mails take much longer to be answered in such a case. I guess this is what others meant regarding the customer service.

Bernd

4. Nivek91

Nivek91 Supporting Member

So as long as I'm getting a standard neck to drop in, I should be looking good? As long as I don't expect it to get to me on time lol.
    Thank you for the input guys!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Armstrong Bass

Armstrong Bass

Disclosures:
    Owner Armstrong Instruments
    I am looking into getting custom necks made for my new bass design which would be a VERY custom build for them, this thread has me a little concerned...