1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Most reliable website to buy bass from?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by silverspear, Dec 4, 2013.

1. silverspear

silverspear

Hi all:

I don't live in the US, but my brother's going over to a friend's place in San francisco during christmas, and I'm thinking of asking him to bring back a new bass for me.

The agreement is that I'll buy the bass online, get it shipped to his friend's place, and he'll hand carry it back on the plane for me.

The help that I need is this:

1. Which website would be the most reliable for me to purchase a bass from? My meaning of reliable for my situation would be that it is brand new, with no faults, and preferably checked by a technician before being shipped out. I will have no means to return the bass once it flies out of the US. (and my brother is not a musician, so I can't count on him to test the bass for me.)

2. Is there any way that I can get a bass that's less than the retail price shown online? maybe some coupon code, christmas sale, etc would be great.

3. I assume that the airline will ask my brother to check in the bass. in that case should i get a hard case with it, or will a soft case do fine? should my brother detune the bass before checking it in?

Thanks for your input guys!

(just in case you're wondering, I'm thinking of buying a Ibanez SR405, or maybe a SR505 if i can get it lower than retail.. and SR405's are not available outside USA!)