1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Most versatile O/D?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stevosimpson, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Stevosimpson

Stevosimpson

Hey guys I'm after some opinions here. I'm looking for a really wicked fat overdrive to compliment my sansamp setup, the three pedals I'm looking at are as follows:

Aguilar O/D
    B3K
    B7K

Which one and why? I already have a sansamp RBI and BDDI so I don't think I need a B7K but if you think differently let me know why!

Cheers from Canada
  2. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

I've owned the Aguilar agro and used it a lot. Great with bass, keeps the lowend. I however own the darkglass b7k now. Its seriously an amazing piece of gear. it sounds different than the agro, different flavor but both are great IMO. I haven't tried the b3k but its the same overdrive sound as the b7k, except doesn't have the eq or di. Others might have more info to help.
  3. Stevosimpson

Stevosimpson

For a metal tone (really gritty over driven one) on a 6 string bass tuned A would you recommend the B7K over the Agro?
  4. yaksonator

5. yaksonator

You dont even have to use the eq if it takes away from your sansamp tone. In that case the b3k would be more than sufficient.
  6. Stevosimpson

Stevosimpson

yeah I have 2 sansamps so the B3K would probably do the job. Thanks so much!

Cheers.