Mozart 39 1st mvt tempo

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by eerbrev, Nov 3, 2012.

1. eerbrev

eerbrev

Hello all you out there in digital land,

I'm working this up for my master's auditions, and I'm wondering what tempo the bottom half of the page (3/4 time) you guys usually take it at? I've got a good solid tempo for the adagio introduction section, but I'm wondering how best to relate the two tempos, musically. Should I just take the beat from the adagio and make it the tempo for the bar, or is there a better way?

Also, any tips and tricks from your years of accrued experience? I'm always looking for interesting takes on things.

Cheers,

eerbrev
  2. mcnaire2004

mcnaire2004

There are a couple of recordings on youtube that could answer your questions. Also, you don't have to go quite as fast as some of the bigger orchestras for auditions.
  3. chicagodoubler

chicagodoubler

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland, Genz Benz
    Do a search. This movement is discussed here more than any other piece.

Rule of thumb- hit all the notes. A fast rendition is only good if executed precisely. Be honest, now.
  4. eerbrev

eerbrev

The best advice, i think. Also, you're right, I should have searched before I posted the topic. I've done some digging in the search function since, and gotten some good information. I figured there was no harm in keeping the topic open in case someone wanted to add further perspective.

Serves me right for not following my own "use the search function" advice!

cheers,

eerbrev
  5. Register to disable this ad