1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MTD Heir truss rod adjustment

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by daveh30, Apr 25, 2011.

1. daveh30

daveh30

Wondering if anyone here has experience adjusting the truss rod on an MTD Kingston Heir, and whether it required removing the neck. Haven't had any problems adjusting the rod on any of my other basses, but i can't find a tool that will fit the MTD after i remove the cover plate. End of the rod if recessed fairly far into the neck... any tool that is long enough to reach is straight and wont fit into the channel, anything angled to fit is too short. If it will require removing the neck, any other issues i need to be aware of?
  2. 1kinal

1kinal

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: SIT strings
    I have a Heir and the included tool is working fine for adjusting the truss rod without removing the neck. From what I see it's just a regular right-angle allen key of the right size.

I recommend to contact MTD, they will send you the allen key.
  3. gzarruk

gzarruk

+1
    Call Mike, he always answers the phone and is always glad to help people with this kind of problems. He's a very nice guy.
  4. daveh30

daveh30

cool, thanks. Mine didn't come with one, so i'll get in contact with them. none of the allen keys i tried were long enough to get in there...