MTD-Why so hard to find??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by casotti1, Aug 7, 2013.

1. casotti1

casotti1 Supporting Member

Ok I have been searching for a MTD Grendel or Beast 4 string for about a yr (had a TB wanted post)and there have been zero responses. I actually have a wanted post as we speak on TB in past and present and have had zero responses. They made tons of these basses yet they are so hard to find..Whats up with that? Anyone?
  2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

:cool:

Call Bass Central.
  3. casotti1

Thanks but I didnt see any on the website..do they have a "hidden" stock that you are aware of? lol
  4. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. casotti1

Yup I saw that one after it sold!! I was in another country and couldnt PM, so I missed out:crying:
  7. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

I don't think they made too many Beasts and Grendels. I emailed M. Tobias about my Beast, he told me they were only in production for about 1 1/2 years before the Czech factory closed.
  8. foal30

foal30

People will keep good gear.

FWIW the Bass Centre (UK) did a Stadium Bass which is pretty much a Grendel.
  9. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Wow. That early green Grendel above is the nicest looking one I've seen. Stunning.

My Czech Grendel was the later version with exposed poles, different headstock facing and logo. Killer 8lb, 3oz bass.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]